Friday, December 28, 2007

Propi-how??? there is no such word!


Well...now here goes some update about life and how it is. And it is finally good :) Well, it always has been that good but then tomorrow is last working day and finally holidays. That was the first good news, the second is that i have got some really great salary raise which i think is only fair for all the efforts i have taken: sleepless nights, overstress and what not.


These days are quite lazy in the office as i managed to reschedule my project till the next year, so only doing some routine work. Evenings are also lazy at home, watching movies or getting some sleep. Or also chatting a bit, or lets say a little bit more than just a bit :D

The last few evenings have been quite a torture though as well as a lot of fun. My dearest blogger queen Div who announced her retirement from the world of blogging some time ago (how did she dare only?? ) was studying for GRE. For those of you who are as ignorant as me (i am sure there is only 1% of people like that) who have no idea what GRE is I will tell you............ not. Find out ;) Google it :P

But now lets start with a torture. Being on chat the day before yesterday or maybe it even was the day before that day out of nothing i got the message on gtalk from this mad person. Not that it was something unusual to get a message from Div. But just not every day someone asks me what "decrepit" means. So being naive as i am I decided that girl got in some trouble (which is highly possible btw) and looked the word up in the dictionary. That was my biggest mistake. .. She just didnt stop after that. So here you can read some fragments of our chats from the last couple of days.

divs: now tell me decrepit-wat is it?
me: old, out of use or even broken down :)
divs: u knew it or u used dictionary :P
me: of course i used the dictionary! my vocabulary is so grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D
divs: yeyeyeyeyeyeye :D
me: happy, nah? :P
divs: veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy happyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

divs: lenu wat is concord...though i know wat it is :P
me: depends on context i guess but mainly something like agreement
divs: yeah
divs: sami says concord is a plane :P
me: and she is right :P
divs: :O
me: there is even a car concord :P
divs: oh god
me: yes there were planes concord, they were very fast
divs: but do u think in my gre they wud ask me the names of cars n planes?
me: lolz you can never know!
divs: :P they wudnt

me: do you also have a dictionary?
divs: i hav it all in my mind, my mind is a dictionary

divs: insouciant?
me: inso-what????
divs: hahahahaha ur an idiot
divs: insousiant=carefree, huh

divs: pillory?
me: it doesnt have to do anything with pillow??
divs: idiot

divs: canyon?
me: i know this word! it is the same in russian :D but actually it is just canyon :P
divs: now will u tell me wat is means? :D
me: as if you dont know!
divs: canyon=chasm :P
me: is it?
divs: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
me: ohh... really it is..dictionary says the same :P
divs: hahahahahaahah
love u
:)
ur soooo sweeeeet

divs: unctuous
me: you sure this word exist?
divs: lolz
me: oily? :P
divs: yep wer did u find?
me: my brains told me :P
divs: lolz :D u hav brains :O
me: sometimes :P

divs: propitiated
me: propi-how??? there is no such word!
divs: :D lolz appease anger :P
me: i swear you invented it just now :P
divs: lolz idiot :x

divs: trenchant
me: incisive
divs: hmmm incisive ok...but forceful
me: who told you?
divs: lolz this isnt fair, my words list told me :D
me: lolz then it lied

divs: disawowal
disavowal*
me: wowowowowal ??? :P
divs: lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D lenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:D ur such a sweetheart
me: really? :P
divs: hahaha
me: it is denial, right?
divs: yeah

divs: dilapidate
me: too long!
divs: :P decay
me: is it a new words or definition of the dil-something-thing?
divs: huhuhuhuhuhuh :D
me: oohh i guess they are synonyms, no wonder i dont like both :P
divs: hahahahah

I will not wonder if after reading this you will think I am an idiot, even Div thinks so :D

But then what are these words for? I have never used them, will never use them and still can very much communicate. Are they for exams then? But I am proud to have a friend who not only knows that they exist but even knows the meanings ;)

Kudos to Div, who still remains my Blogger Queen, even though not blogging anymore!! :) :)

32 added colors:

--xh-- Friday, December 28, 2007  

concord - therz even a watch in that name.. :) and teh chat, itz too hilarious.. :-) congratz for teh pay rise.. so, whnz teh party????

maverick Friday, December 28, 2007  

@lena..awesome post..very funny n cute...yea those words are for GRE only..dont see them in other entrances exams..remember learning a host of them...but i answered most questions by eliminating the other options..lol...newaz..after the exm u forget all the words..atleast in my case..lol

Nature Nut /JJ Loch Friday, December 28, 2007  

I enjoyed reading your chat. I read with a dictionary beside me. Every once in a while a word pops up where I only have a hint of the meaning.

Good morning, Lena. :D

Hugs, JJ

Lena Friday, December 28, 2007  

@ Anoop:

party?? err...ehh....ahmm..... awwww....
you missed :P it but just for my fellow bloggers i might consider to arrange one more ;)

Lena Friday, December 28, 2007  

@ Maverick:
somehow most exams are like this, you have to learn lots of unnecessary stuff which you never would use in real life :)

Lena Friday, December 28, 2007  

@ JJ:
I am happy you enjoyed the chat, hope exactly that much as Div and I did :D
And i will tell you a secret .... shhhhhhhh... i didnt know 90% of words :D

Hugssssss :)

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) Saturday, December 29, 2007  

Congrats on the pay rise Lean. I'm sure you deserve it.

Now if only someone could give me a pay rise too ... LOL!

How was your Christmas? Hope it was a blast.

Here's wishing you a Happy New Year to you and family ...

ЅΗΑЅΗІ Saturday, December 29, 2007  

lolz... i understand what divs is going thru... been there done it... haha... so you are getting a bigger pay check.... thats good... btw can you look up ummlicioso .... i cant find it in my dictionary... :P ....

Lena Saturday, December 29, 2007  

hi Nick!
thanks a lot :)
I am sure you will soon get pay rise too :P Only the matter of time ;)
as for Christmas, remember I have it in January :)

Wishing a very happy new year to you and your family!

Lena Saturday, December 29, 2007  

lolz shashi, i am sure you invented this word as well :P
there is no such word :D

Anonymous,  Sunday, December 30, 2007  

GOOD POST HOW ARE DOING?

ЅΗΑЅΗІ Sunday, December 30, 2007  

yep... ;) .... it was at this italian restaurant ... i was having this amazing cheesecake... it was the regular ummm + delicioso (got it from an the show simply delicioso from food network)... that is one of my fav channel...:)

Lukkydivs Sunday, December 30, 2007  

lolzzzzzzzzzzz cudnt resist commenting on this one :P woooo a post dedicated for me n my gre :P

lolz u made ur stupidity public...great great great.. :P

hmm love u lots...thanx a ton for this one..i wud love to save it :P

Zahid Sunday, December 30, 2007  

what an err...yeah...yes...that is.....well....waht i wanna say is taht...ahem ahem...fien..I will say it now...lena!!!! ouch... I have lost words reading this post!!! to say i am confused with even the smallest of words!!!

Preetilata【ツ】 Sunday, December 30, 2007  

woww lena dear. this post is sooo cute. but it shows how lovely and strong frenship both of u share 2gethr.

tk cr :)

ЅΗΑЅΗІ Sunday, December 30, 2007  

since you dont have a shoutbox.... "cool template".... i really like this one a lot....

Lena Sunday, December 30, 2007  

Kaylee, dear!! thanks a lot :)
I am very much fine :) How are you doing?

Lena Sunday, December 30, 2007  

lolz Shashi ... i knew you invented it :P
You must keep inventing words - this one sounded sooooooooooo yummiiiiiii :P
And I loved that template too, wanted to have some more light on my page :)

Lena Sunday, December 30, 2007  

Div commented??? Wooooooooooooow!!! Must be you had such a desire once again to tell the world how much stupid i am :D

Anyways sweets, thanks for inspiring me to write this one :D

Lena Sunday, December 30, 2007  

zahid, i guess you are not the onle one ;)

Lena Sunday, December 30, 2007  

Preeti, sweetheart, welcome back once again!!

Yes, you are right that is a friendship which i feel to be blessed with :)

Happy New Year dear!!
Take good care of yourself!! :)

Sameera Ansari Monday, December 31, 2007  

Ha ha!That was sooo cute!

Anyways good the silly girl got decent scores thanks to this tutoring ;)

Love ya both!Hugsss :)

Lena Monday, December 31, 2007  

yes, thanks to us she did it :D
love you too, sweetie! :)

Lena Monday, December 31, 2007  

@ hope:
glad i made you smile :)

IncorrigibleV Monday, December 31, 2007  

great so divs is on to GRE, i guess i shd prep soon enuf...
anyways cute post :)
and congo on the pay raise

Lena Monday, December 31, 2007  

@ vands:
thank you dear :)
and yes, this girl didnt pay enough attention to gre, she thought i might be of any help but i was not :D

Ameya Thursday, January 03, 2008  

lolzzzzzzzzz cute post :)

GRE is fun to study, u dono how i troubled people wid words when i was preparing for it,i dint know u then, if i did, Even i would have a post dedicated to me :P :)

but dont ask my score, i wont tel u :P :P

Lena Thursday, January 03, 2008  

hehe ameya, sweets, you can improve your scores by training with me :D

so what about taking the test once again :P

*kidding*

hope you dont remember any of those words :P

Ameya Sunday, January 06, 2008  

lol. I still remember a few, but i knew a lot then :)
when i was goin thro this post,the words were al wat i knew and wat i read, but i dint know the meanings :( :P

Lena Monday, January 07, 2008  

Ameya, dear, at least you knew these words. I had no idea they exist at all :D

sb Thursday, January 28, 2010  

hi lena... hope u r doin good.. do u keep a track of this after the colors magazine came along...

anyway, i was desperate to read some post on humour... searched frantically but nothing appeased me lik this - rofl... u r my blog queen....

Me in BlogsWorld

Readers



Credits

Powered by Blogger
Header is original work of the blog author
All rights reserved
© Copyright 2005-2009