Sunday, October 28, 2007

When You Thought I Wasn't Looking...

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.
*********
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.
*********
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's all right to cry.
*********
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you make my favorite cake for me and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.
*********
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I heard you say a prayer, and I knew there is a God I could always talk to and I learned to trust in God.
*********
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I felt you kiss me good night. I felt loved and safe.
*********
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.
*********
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you give of your time and money to help people who had nothing and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don't.
*********
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.
*********
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know from you--how to be a good and productive person when I grow up.
*********
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I looked at you and wanted to say,
"Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking."
*********
(this part i got today in the mail, rest is all mine)


Too often we take our parents for granted, believing that they will always be there for us.
Crying with us when we feel bad.
Laughing with us during cosy family eveining.
Fighting with us when we do (accordingly to them) stupid things.
Sharing stuff with us.
Giving us the last piece of chocolate.
Accepting our friends no matter how they dislike them.
Comforting us when things go wrong.
Being there when there is no one around...
No matter how things turn out to be there is always a place where you are always welcome and where you are always safe... Your parents' house.
And we know this but take it as it comes, believing that parents know how much we love them and how much thankful we are.
Maybe they know... well...they do know... but sometimes they want to hear that.
And here i am thanking my mom for all the things that she has given me, for all the things she has taught me, for all the things she thought i deserve.

Thanking her for being the way she is, for all the care and love.
For helping me to be the way i am now...
for giving me powers which she has,
for teaching me lessons when it was necessary,
for being always there for me.....

For doing all these things when she thought I was not looking..... but I was!!

2 added colors:

Sameera Ansari Monday, October 29, 2007  

Lovely post.Brought tears to my eyes.Parents are God greatest gift,no doubt.Cheers to them!

Lena Monday, October 29, 2007  

Yes, Sami!! You are 10000% right!!

Me in BlogsWorld

Readers



Credits

Powered by Blogger
Header is original work of the blog author
All rights reserved
© Copyright 2005-2009