Tuesday, May 05, 2009

I've Grown Up

When you grow up, you stop dreaming... the child inside you turns into someone you dont know and even not sure if you want to know...

And as the child disappears giving place to another you, your dreams disappear with that cheerful bubbly happy kid...
Some people never let that child go and keep their dreams safe for the rest of their lives...
Some give up on their dreams and grow up accepting the reality.

Don't tell me giving up is easier. For me that's the toughest thing you can ever do. To leave something you love. To let go of the part of you. To accept that some things weren't meant to be.

To grow up.

It does not mean you don't have dreams anymore. It only means you dream on a safer side.
I am a dreamer... But I have grown up. I could say that sucks, but I will say life goes on.

On a brighter note... maybe I haven't grown up.. maybe my child just fell asleep.




PS: I am here and I am fine. Will be back to blogging and bloghopping once I am done with my issues :) Till then, hope things will go great for everyone!

PPS: Tuesday Love Ramblings are on break... till the kid in me wakes up again :)

34 added colors:

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

True very True. I always remember the kid within that is lost because I entered into the world that is materialistic. I cry and few times I see the kid but its blur now.
Great post. Claps ! Claps ! Claps !

Dhanya Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

Lena, the child in you is only asleep, not dead... it will surely wake up soon! TRUST ME! Talking a lil bit from experience also here :)

Amal Bose Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

i know exactly what it feels like when you have to give up ur dreams..
a child's dream is without reason, but its only after growing up that he realises that everything cant be achieved that easily and every story doesnt have a happy ending.
good writing :-)

Lancelot Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

so GROW UP :P :P :P

and good luck with sorting out your issues :)

Hemanth Potluri Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

well i still think ur a grown up gal and its sometimes good to feel grown up ...but neither the less ...i am still waiting for the tuesday loves..:)..just relax and u will wake up the gal in u soon :)..

urs..hemu..

Ankur Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

i cant say the same... u know that... dont u!! :)

may b i wont ever grow up if i have to aspire the dream i c... :)
and i wont let the dream go so easily... may be i am not meant to be the one, but stil... i will give it a try!! :)

and what i meant by giving up easily is a comparative statement to sticking to what u want!! :)
so yes.. i also know how hard it can be!! :)

Take Care
Love,
Ankur

Darshan Chande Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

No one wants to grow up, but we are forced to grow up. When we enter the world we can no more keep being a child that we want to be, or else we will be thrown off.. Have to behave grown up.

But yeah, agree 100% that growing up sucks! Ask anyone, would say childhood was the best time!

pisku Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

All I can say is hang in there. Hope to c u back soon!

Jeeves Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

Hope to see you back. Take care

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

i dont think you have lost the child in you.. you seem fascinated by the smallest things around you..
look at the picture you put up for the post colors brought out the inner child in you.. growing up is thinking bout stuff around you without losing the child within..

floreta Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

i am a dreamer too :)

this post reminds me of the book The Artists Way because she talks about "your inner child". i definitely think people should take their inner child out to play.

Nithz Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

Hie Lena..glad to see your post again after so longg..Stay cool gal.Growing up is indeed a wonderful phase but yet when we grow, we tend to be materialistic.Be yourself till then God bless ya :)

Aniket Thakkar Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

May you find your Neverlan soon Lena. Where you never ever have to grow up.

You couldn't be more correct that we now hesitate to take that leap for the fear of falling and lack the strength to chase our dreams as we grow up.

You will surely overcome this... and inspire us all too.

Truck loads of love sent your way!

WarmSunshine Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

Shall I put an alarm clock by your side? ;)

But seriously, it's tough to move on. Yes it is!!

Be back soon!

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

:P now I got another point to explain my writer's block... asleep kid :P

Arv Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

You got is so right in the last line..

from time to time, the child in us just goes into a long sleep, thats all :)

beautiful as ever mate... take care... cheers...

Vinz Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

I am grown, i believe..
And i have kept the child inside me..So my dreamed is never gonna cease..!!

:)

Kartz Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

Grown up or waiting to grow up. Me waiting for u to comply with your promise. :|

:)

An update at long last. How nice of you to remember. :P*

Peace.

---
Keep smiling. :)

Priya Joyce Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

yeah growing up often tends to kill our sweet childhood dreams...

and sadly it cannot be avoided....:(

am happy tat u r fyn...come bakk soon...

-=A.R.N.=- Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

I think its wonderful that some people still manage to keep alive the child in them...while most others simply let that fade into the darkness of reality.

Suresh Kumar Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

Would be missing the TLRs. Wake up the kid and come back with the romantic posts.

Take Care.

Cinderella Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

I dont think I am ever gonna grow up. Maybe I should say I have child living inside of me, who knws how to hop-trot through life...replete with the tears and the gales of laughter.

But then I am ok with that.
:)

You take care missy. Miss TLR.

Timeless Memories - My Bygone ! Tuesday, May 05, 2009  

Very Very true, the tougest thing i always face is to give up wt i love, things that i am habituated, things i feel, will b with me forever. Worst part is that it hurts and pains more than anything.Evereytime i give up something making a compramise with my grown up life, i am hurt, that cant i even do this...
I wud love to see those days cmin back, where i was scared of giving up, the time i was allowed to do wtever i loved to do...

Talking To My Soul Wednesday, May 06, 2009  

Dream on, Lena. And the child in you will remain awake.


*cheers*

Yamini Meduri Wednesday, May 06, 2009  

Come back soon we are missing the kid in you who is sleeping now...!!!

and this was beautiful..!!

Gagan Wednesday, May 06, 2009  

So true Lena, we must not let the kid in us die. Ever.

I'm sure the kid in you will wake up soon :)

PS: Just started with your 'Tuesday Love Ramblings'.
Just one word for that - Awesome!
Please keep 'em coming...

Shalini Gowrisankar Wednesday, May 06, 2009  

I would never wanna let go of the child. It's the dreams that add meaning to the Oh so boring adult life ..

Priya Wednesday, May 06, 2009  

The child in us is always breathing and it all depends with who you share. Not everyone can reciprocate unless people close to u knows u well. It naturally comes out when you express with your dear and near ones.

Unknown Wednesday, May 06, 2009  

how things change when we grow up.. hnnm well i always like the kid in me.. which rarely comes out now a days..

guess its all part of growing up.. just dont like tht part though.. oh well.. hope u r doing good..

and hope to see u around soon.. take care

JoeinVegas Wednesday, May 06, 2009  

You are never too old to dream. You just realize some of them will never come true, but that's no reason not to try.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, May 06, 2009  

your blog still on :).

Lena Thursday, May 07, 2009  

thank you everyone for your views and comment on the post :)
I will reply to everyone as soon as I get some time.

@ Anonymous: was it supposed not to be?

sb Monday, May 11, 2009  

nice bit.. liked the fell asleep part.. tht shows d enthusiasm..

can i send across a coffee mug to wake up the kid ;)

Me in BlogsWorld

Readers



Credits

Powered by Blogger
Header is original work of the blog author
All rights reserved
© Copyright 2005-2009