Friday, March 14, 2008

Why is It Okay to Hate Men...

I have been too lazy recently and way behind everything that is happening out here in blogosphere. For that I am sorry!! I am also very much behind with all the tags and awards I have to pass on. But now I found a way out as well as powers in myself to continue the best way. I am about to start doing tags every Friday and hope to catch up by the end of spring. This will be my Miscellaneous Friday and once I hope to make it something like Tuesday Love Ramblings. I mean at least that much constant on my blog.

And today I want to start with Pri’s tag. She tagged me like ages ago to write on 10 things I hate about men. Must be fun, so lets start ;)

  • The way they think they are smarter, they are more intelligent and the girl should not interrupt when men are talking on men’s subjects like science, computers, sports, finance, politics. Do they ever learn this kind of attitude somewhere before they go to school?? Some college for little boys, eh?? Because from the very first time they step into school together with girls they are already like that. Inborn capability? Huh?! Wake up, guys! The world changed. It doesn’t belong to you anymore!

  • They remember the name of all sportsmen ever achieved any memorable results no matter from own country or not. Ask them what was the score in the final game of the last FIFA World Cup and you will get an answer. Ask them about the date you got to know each other… birthdays?? anniversaries?? Selective memory, eh?? Would it kill to remember?

  • I wont say anything new now. But hellooooo, if you don’t know the right direction, why not to ask? Big big ego problem.
    “Men don’t need to ask for directions. They know where they are going… (errr…. Honey, where is that map?)”

  • He: Oh.. darling, you have fever. Hey, lie down, I will cook dinner myself.
    She: Oh, no, no, come on, I can do it.
    He: Huh? I told you to take rest, I’ll manage it. Err.. where are vegetables in this house? Hey, sweetheart, did you hide the knife somewhere?
    She: I still want to help you, I took some pills, fever will go now.
    He: Do you think I am not able to take care of you??!! Here is the knife, got it. Oh, shit.. I cut my finger, dear, I cut my finger, I am bleeding.. OMG.. I am bleeding.Ohh.. I am feeling so weak. I need to lie down. Bring me some juice? What?? We don’t have juice?? Go and buy it. Ohh… my finger. And now don’t say I never take care of you. I cut my finger because of you. You should be grateful you have got me. Look for sacrifices I make for you!!

    I hope you got the point!

  • The way they think to run household is not exactly work and you cant get tired by cleaning, doing the laundry, washing dishes, looking after kids.. Noooooooo, it is absolutely not the same as being in office from 9 till 6. has nothing to do with being busy. It is fun for us, kind of a hobby. Why don’t you join? Believe me in the phrase “working mother” working is redundant, actually it is already redundant in “working woman” as whatever a woman does it is already WORK!

  • You do not have birth right over the Remote control. Neither we granted this right to you. And there is more than just sports and news and stupid dirty comedies running on tv… let’s say “Desperate Housewives”, “Sex and the City”?

  • Ok, that’s something that might annoy even more. It is absolutely nothing wrong with looking (I mean we like to look too…), but haven’t you been taught about the art of looking? There is a very fine line between ogling and looking. But somehow, you guys, think its all one and the same! And they call themselves intelligent!

  • The way they hide their emotions when something goes wrong. Come on, we are not dumb, we know something is going on. And if you know us well by now we already have the theory about what exactly is going on. Like you have some illness or you would die or you are going to leave us. So if it is just some small work issue, just tell us - we would be able to handle it better than the whole lots of theories we have imagined while you were not talking.

  • The way they say I don’t bother what you look like because you are a great personality once you are their friend, after you have become their girlfriend suddenly you have to lose some weight, change your outfits, etc etc etc …. You either be more consistent or don’t say anything at all. Otherwise I have a word for it – HYPOCRISY!

  • Once again. Reality check: “A man is in fact a sport obsessed, boob-fixated alien species that will never mature beyond the mental age of 13, capable of generating vast expanses of mess, extravagant noise and unique odours simultaneously” (not my quote!). So you see we have more than just 10 reasons why it is really okay to hate men.

But well, all stereotypes. Reality is different or I want it to be different, though like we all know some points are pretty fair!

When women are upset, they go shopping, men – invade another country. That’s the whole different way of mentality.
Once we learn to live with it, things will be less complicated.

PS: though we still haven’t granted you the right over remote control ;)
PPS: i am not tagging one, though feel free to take this one up if you like :)

58 added colors:

Ankur Friday, March 14, 2008  

@Lena

Not again..
y do women hate men at the first place? y do u give them any importance in ur life? do u think ur life will be really complete without a men?

Yesterday i was talking to a friend of mine abt the same thing, and she told me and i quote...

"wot ever decision they make ultimately
dey will be a hidden selfish motive
trust me
men wen they get into the real world of sacrifise
they really can do wonders
but women can never ever sacrifice selff lessly"

i dont know wat to say after such a confess, and now another argument can be, that its the way she thinks.. she.. not me.. or not uss....

but then every men is not the same, we all r human and bound to make mistake, a world which is biologically feminine, we surrender to the strength of women, atleast i do!!!

i just love when women say, we hate men.. really funny, the whole life they run after stars and then so hypocrite...

Read my blog.. i wont ever say i need a reason to hat women.. i do hate some at times.. but tat isnt hatred exactly...

http://broadcastism.blogspot.com/2008/02/10-things-i-love-about-women.html

Take Care!!!

Lena Friday, March 14, 2008  

lolz Ankur, i never said i hate Men :P
It was just a tag, to point out some qualities that might have been improved next time. And i do realise all people are not the same.
And then i dont know anyone who would love to hate men. Thats life the difference in mentality will always be there.
I am proud to announce that men in my life are nothing like the ones i described in my post :D

And i read that post of yours before, really like the way you put it :)
And i read

Sameera Ansari Friday, March 14, 2008  

He he!Good one.2,7 and 8 are what really freak me out!Lol

Rock on woman!Love ya.Hugsss

--xh-- Friday, March 14, 2008  

Oh GOD! and i thought we guys evolved :-D ROTFL... good take, lena :)

Farah Deen Friday, March 14, 2008  

Lena, heheheeh so true! i am married- yes, but still this list about hating men is valid!!! LOL hehehe especially the one abt not interrupting them when they talk abt 'their topics' hahahaha even when we are right, we are made wrong!!!! so annoying!!!!!!!!

IncorrigibleV Friday, March 14, 2008  

hey tag fridays is a good idea... u could call it TGITF (Thank God its Tag Friday) :)
abt the post i agree mostly ...
#1 well engg college has made me pretty much capable of discussin abt anything with guys...works in my favor
#2 i totalllly agree...silly excuse, "u know this is how i am...i am forgetful!" hmmpf
#3 absolutely
#4 LOL
#5 hmmm
#6 absolutely and i read somewhere that its no fun watching television unless u have the remote...
#7 hehe i could discount that sometimes :P
#8 oh ya this is by far the most annoyin, i don't understand why they think we can't see through the "don't worry, i am fine!" routine
#9 yet to experience this ;)
#10 nicely summed up

Lukkydivs Friday, March 14, 2008  

lol @ ankur :D but when did she say she hates men :O

lena u have demeaned him :D hahahah....

i just love this tag....im getting to know more things to hate about men...i shud make a list of all these points and then start hating each of them :P

Ankur Friday, March 14, 2008  

@Lena
When you write such a post, now blame the tag, you cant come with excuses from a story book... or u have?

and lucky.. u have got all diff type of males in ur life... god bless u!!! but all men are not the same...

@DIVYA
oh.. may be u r reading between the line then, if it goes specific then i havent mentioned the name of Lena in it... correct urself there and if not then read again wat i have written...(going politically correct way)
inferences can always be made and as you did here so did I...
talkin abt demeaning me... i dont dislike ppl when they criticise me(though lena hasnt anytime), but i think you r tryin to find a quality of urs, out here...
kindly dont feel demeaning after reading my comments...
and do hate men.. coz afterall u have to live with one for 30 yrs.. and u need reasons to find someone else ... :)

Take Care

Lukkydivs Friday, March 14, 2008  

@ankur

but i think you r tryin to find a quality of urs, out here...

:O i wasnt tryin to find any quality of mine here :P i was just kiddin

so many ladies doing this tag and each time i get to read something new, it makes me luagh :D sorry anyways :P

lena, u know me right :) i dint mean to criticize anybody here :P i was showcasing my sense of humour...and moreover u told me that u loved my comment :P naaaaaaaaaa ?? hehe

Ankur Friday, March 14, 2008  

@Divya
If u were just kiddin then its fine.. i guess i m also gettin into the habbit of makin something out of nothing!!!

i like ur sense of humor ... though it was a clearification which made me understand it!!!
:P LOL

Lukkydivs Friday, March 14, 2008  

yippie...div is great :P she can make men feel guilty :P lolz

P.S - sense of humour :P :P

Ankur Friday, March 14, 2008  

@div
yeah really... but y its only women coz of which men feel guilty... y do they sound so rude at times... y only romance lies for only few in their lines n lives... y y y..

and then they even dont remain with the one for whom it is there...

P.S. sense of humor..

Pri Friday, March 14, 2008  

haha! this was fun reading...esp the 'chaos over the cut finger' bit :D
im soo glad i tagged u for this...

Solitaire Friday, March 14, 2008  

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! That incident of him cutting his finger is sooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

myonlyphoto Saturday, March 15, 2008  

Lena you are funny, excellent post, you said you are lazy lately, but to create post like that - I say I don't think so. BTW you should see how much I am behind, I probably would be done with my not until next spring, lol. Anna :)

Nature Nut /JJ Loch Saturday, March 15, 2008  

Lena, I have found as I get older that I accept men for how they are. You can't change them. That's for sure. They're like stubborn mules when it comes to certain things.

Good evening!!!

Hugs, JJ

black coffee Saturday, March 15, 2008  

men, some say, we cant live with em and cant live without em!

i beg to differ!
i think its the other way round anyways.. lol..

imagine a world without worries? imagine a world without men. If they were no men, there wudn be worries in the first place!

i had fun readin it! lols
(psst.. i sed i wudn be bloggin but i posted today! :D) and the post is awaiting ur comment.. i shud warn u though, its long!

love,
akki

maverick Saturday, March 15, 2008  

@lena...lol..nice one :)...n yeah we do ve the right over the remote control :D

noushy syah Saturday, March 15, 2008  

It's true some of the reasons are stereotype but relevant.

Emmm..not sure about the incidence of cutting the finger..but it's a good read though!:)

Happy weekend Lena, take care.

Anonymous,  Sunday, March 16, 2008  

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Prachi Sunday, March 16, 2008  

lol....

enjoyed it completely....:D

and hey quite an experience on men thr. ;)

keep it going *wink*
cheers

Keshi Monday, March 17, 2008  

LOL good one hun! I loved all th epoints u mentioned...so accurate abt them haha!

I wrote so many men-bashing posts in my blog over the years no one wants to marry me now LOL!

HUGS!

Keshi.

WritingsForLife Monday, March 17, 2008  

haha... I loved your post.
I would say that in my opinion, a lot of your comments about men were biased may be because of the circumstances or experiences you have had but some are just downright correct... the remote control one... and the knife cutting one (absolutely hilarious) :-)
Cheers! :-)

hope Monday, March 17, 2008  

lolz @ ogling and looking.. haha so true..
and remote control.. :D

good one lena.. *smiles*

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

Thank you, Sami! :)
Glad you had fun reading this one.

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

guys and evolve, Anoop? :D :P
Funny thought!

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

lol farah! unfortunately they still dont believe there are no "their" topics anymore :D

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

TGITF sounds just too good Vands, i guess i would never be able to remember it :D

#8 is what annoys me most

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

lolz, divvi, you decided first to make a list and then start hating?? what else could i expect from you :P

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

Ankur, it is not like i was making excuses.. If you read the post attentively you noticed that i said it is all stereotyped but some of them are pretty fair ..
And lucky me was blessed with men without those habits i mentioned in post except #8 which is not possible to be avoided!

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

Divvi baby, ya ya i loved your comment especially because i know your sense of humour ;)

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

Pri, chaos over finger cut wasnt even invented :D

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

sneha, me is happy i could make you laugh :D

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

on the second thought, Anna, i was too fast on judging its end as the end of spring.. might last for longer :P

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

Yes, JJ, they are stubborn when it comes to most of things! :)

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

Akki, i love you but i dont love your other way round. Life without men would be boring :P

and.. you are blogging! someone is supposed to be studying :P

love you sweets!
take care :)

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

maverick, do you?
actually i dont care since i do not watch TV :P

whAt A LiFe Monday, March 17, 2008  

I'm totally in love with ur blog. Great post dear and the blog theme is very pretty. Good work....

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

right, Noushy, stereotypes but relevant :)
incident with finger is a real one :D
Take good care and have a great day!

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

hey, prachi, i am glad you enjoyed it :D
and me and experience with men?? lolz
sounds funny :P but i dont complain :D

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

lol keshi i was trying to be nice :P
and you are too modest, i believe everyone of them secretely is dreaming about you ;)

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

of course they were biased, raaji, though based not on my own experience :)
I am lucky not to have gone through it :D

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

thank you, hope :)
glad you liked it :D

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

i am glad you loved it Shantini :)
as for blog theme - i always wanted a green one! :)

neers Monday, March 17, 2008  

hey lena...sorry i havent been around much...will catch up on all the pending posts very soon...i just came to say hi and a very happy belated birthday :)
im really late huh...but better late than never ;)

hugs!

Anonymous,  Monday, March 17, 2008  

Haha! That was funny!!

Birthright over the remote! Really!!

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

Neers, dear, its ok that you havent been around. Just hope that you are fine :)
Thank you for your wishes :) :)
And you are not that much late ;)

Have a great day, take care!

Lena Monday, March 17, 2008  

lolz preetha! happy to hear you found it funny ;)
and well thing about remote control is from my sis' experience, i dont watch tv myself :)

The 'Mad' Orchid Monday, March 17, 2008  

Cudnt have agreed more sweetie...so true...
selective memory u bet ..
fight over remote..as alwys wanna porve themselves y r the righteous candidates..lol...
blood .. a pool of blood...i see that... :P
alwys their problm to themslves..yeah im ok honey no need to wory..gosh whn wil MEN ACTUALY GROW UP..
nice quote to end it..gud one there.. ;) me too updated but stil left with this tag to do.. :P

Arti Honrao Monday, March 17, 2008  

Lena!!!
Too good :)
Love the list, if you ask me to pick out favs I won't be able to do so.

I would've written almost similar post.

It is absolutely nothing wrong with looking (I mean we like to look too…), but haven’t you been taught about the art of looking? There is a very fine line between ogling and looking.
Seriously!

BTW, you had me ROTFL ...
Laughter is the best medicine, they say ...
this might come handy for me :)



GBU
Arti

KAYLEE Tuesday, March 18, 2008  

just letting you know i have surgery tomorrow :(

Keshi Tuesday, March 18, 2008  

lol Lena!

**i believe everyone of them secretely is dreaming about you

arrrrrrrrrrgggg! :)


Actually I dun wanna get married. I'd rather die single. LOL!

Keshi.

Meghna Tuesday, March 18, 2008  

Hi lena,
I'm glad to be back and to be reading your post which always brings a smile o my face! Nice tag and wonderfully done! They are not as intelligent as us, eh?

Lena Tuesday, March 18, 2008  

I guess they never really grow up, Mads :)
Would love to read your version of this one!

Lena Tuesday, March 18, 2008  

lolz, Arti, your comment made me smile! It is really great that i could make you laugh with this post.
What would be life without our ability to smile and to laugh!! :)

Have a great day!

Lena Tuesday, March 18, 2008  

Kaylee, dear, i will surely pray for you. All the very best, girl.
Tak good care, sweets!

Lena Tuesday, March 18, 2008  

lolz, Keshi, what a nice idea to die single.. i should think about it too :P

Lena Tuesday, March 18, 2008  

Welcome back, Meghna!
Glad my post made you smile..
Intelligence? are you sure they know what it is?? **Just kidding**

Me in BlogsWorld

Readers



Credits

Powered by Blogger
Header is original work of the blog author
All rights reserved
© Copyright 2005-2009