Tuesday, June 10, 2008

To Blog or not to Blog

I have been asked lately many times how do i manage with 3 blogs (i do not tell them i have 4, because i am still struggling to find time to write my novel). And then i am asking myself the same question. Why do i blog and why do i have these 3 ... ummm... 4 blogs?

When i first started blogging almost 3 years ago, it was different. It was even not for myself but for a couple of friends who had talked me into it. Those friends are not blogging anymore, and they are even not friends anymore, but i am still here. With a different blog platform, different look, different style, different posts, different me. Now it is less personal, more random, just thoughts on daily life and common truths. Things we all know but yet need to read or hear every once in a while.

Why do i blog? Now i do not know. If i had been asked it earlier i would say "Because i love writing." Now when i have found myself in writing and have my stories untold-blog, i found some peace. I write my stories for myself and it feels good. I know they are read by few more people and some really pay valuable feedback (for that i am more than thankful) but still it is for myself only.

So why i still blog?

It is not because of getting comments, friends, communication. I have enough of it in life. More than that sometimes i want to run away from all the crowd and just stay all alone.
It is not because of money. I never used my blog as any mean for earning money with my writing. Not that i am against it, just dont really feel the need.
It is not because i need advice from people. I am trying to deal with my problems alone or with the help of very close friends.
It is not because i need to write my feelings down, to vent out my emotions. Well, sometimes i really do. But usually i deal successfully without doing it this way. For this i really do not need to blog.
It is not because this or that. It is just not because...

I do not have reasons to blog.

For the questions that pop in my head every now and then, for all the positive emotions i get i have Good days - blog. There i write it short and feel good about it.
For my creative side I have Stories - blog.

And my first blog is kind of redundant right now. I do not know what to write here. Feeling lost. The best way would be to close this one and continue writing in the other 2 (3, including novel blog). Then it feels weird. This one has always been my favourite, has always attracted more people. Now i feel like i have no other choice but stop writing in here. Sad.

The only thing that prevents me from deleting this one is the number of people who keep on checking up here even if i dont update frequently. Thats the only thing that gives me second thoughts about my decision.

Anyways i am still thinking. Nothing is final. Nothing is certain.

24 added colors:

lukkydivz Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

aww dont u dare to close this blog :x :x div,divvi,divvu is back, now u have a reason to blog :P :P

Keshi Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

dun ever stop blogging Lena. Unless u really must. Cos I love ur Writing.


**It is not because of getting comments, friends, communication. I have enough of it in life. More than that sometimes i want to run away from all the crowd and just stay all alone.


I agree. There r times when I wanna run away from it all. But I love ppl too much...I love the connections somehow. Thats why Im here. Cos I learn alot too. And the experience in priceless. And I can honestly say that I hv changed for the BETTER by being in blogs and learning from ppl.


*HUGZ*

Keshi.

Lena Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

divvi, sweetu, me is still thinking :)

Lena Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

keshi, it is not about to stop blogging at all, but stop blogging in this blog :)
Still thinking though...
**Thats why Im here. Cos I learn alot too. And the experience in priceless.

well, thats true, but different people need different experiences and different things, somehow i realised thats something i dont need right now

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

I do had the same feeling few days back..I was in love with my diary and random slate so much...and my primary blog was sitting idle..actually i had set the standards so high for the primary blog..that i was not able to write for it...so i started a low standard blog...so that i can write to it...but my primary blog is so dear to me that it dragged me back into it...

and plz don delete this blog..i had good times here :)

Lena Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

i still have a bit of a different feeling, Sourish. it is more like this blog was good enough and did a lot of good stuff but right now it has become redundant... dont know what to write here and then dont want to lose it either but dont want it to be not updated.. kinda stuck there.

maverick Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

umm....if i were to authorize..i ld say no to ur decision!!

black coffee Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

how can you have second thoughts? no, wait! how can you have the thought in the first place?!!

you are not allowed to do that..

and that is a threat!

I shall hunt you down in Nizhny Nivgorod and kill you! *very serious*

you now why shud not close this down?
cos this is the first blog i liked and related with! thats why!

humbl devil Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

plz dont stop blogging!!!
you are a gr8 blogger...

Unknown Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

Its great that u know that u blog for urself n there really needs to be no reason.I started bloggin for one reason n over the last 4 yrs..the reasons have changed..But does the reason really matter?i dont think so.

i know u didn't ask for suggestions...but i can't resist...
I think u shldnt close this blog. u come n write wat u feel when u feel. it cld be after 10 hrs, 10 days , 10 weeks, 10 yrs or 10 decades. The timeline hardly matters. U write for urself.Don't close sumthing that brought u n many others happiness n plenty more. Please. Just my thought!

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ Tuesday, June 10, 2008  

yeah..it happens wen actually we think for stories i have this blog..for daily event i have this and then we see everything is now catalogues..so..hehehe the fst blog seems redundant...but as a reader..I always prefer a single blog even if daily updated then also twice thrice coz its easy to follow..but I do have four now :P

can't suggest you much..jus keep it..as a good memory..wud be the best answer I guess

Sameera Ansari Wednesday, June 11, 2008  

Ha???If you delete this blog,I would have to change ALL the links I have made to you in my blog,in the posts and accolades and that's quite a bit of work! :(

Please have some pity on meeeee!Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Keshi Thursday, June 12, 2008  

** but different people need different experiences and different things, somehow i realised thats something i dont need right now


I know that Lena. Im not saying u CHANGE completely as a person by learning from others in blogville. But sometimes we do learn to break away from our own routine-thinking by being here. And thats the best part abt blogging.


but to each his own. if u think u dun need this right now, then there's nothing we can do abt it. do what ur heart says.


Keshi.

Prachi Thursday, June 12, 2008  

hey

even u if u dont wanna blog on this one.. continue wid d other two... and let this one remain to be dormant. dont delete the blog.

offlate i have lost count of the posts and blogs (generally). though i have never commented but ur blog has always been gud. i am somewat allergic to commenting.

keep blogging
cheers

Hemanth Potluri Thursday, June 12, 2008  

dont ever stop bloggin...u posts r really positive..they motivate the inner feeling ...

Jaishree Iyer Thursday, June 12, 2008  

plz dont stop blogging!!!
you are a gr8 blogger...your posts r really good.they motivate and very positive... and You write for Yourself...

whAt A LiFe Friday, June 13, 2008  

Pls dun stop blogging, my dear. I love your writing.

:)

Ankur Friday, June 13, 2008  

lena,

i hope u stop thinking smthing like this... i love to come here and read what u like!!!

if u wanna kill my happiness... go ahead!!!

Sach1 Friday, June 13, 2008  

heya nice blog thr! blogrolling you!

black coffee Friday, June 13, 2008  

see the last comment?
ppl are blogrolling you! and you want to quit?? :x

how can you do this to us?

and pls keep in mind those threats!

WritingsForLife Friday, June 13, 2008  

it all starts like that... getting inspired by someone or influenced and then with time you get better at it...
blogging is such an addiction in it self :-)

Preetilata【ツ】 Saturday, June 14, 2008  

lenu-janu.... tussi naa jao na...... [:(]

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) Wednesday, June 18, 2008  

Judging by all the comments, everyone doesn't want you to quit blogging and as far as I'm concerned they are right :D You shouldn't quit blogging. You've done pretty well for your blogs and I think you've touched a lot of people in many ways.

Blog only when you feel you need too but don't give up ...

Noushy Syah Friday, June 27, 2008  

Hi Lena..keep blogging and update when necessary.

Wishing you a gr8 weekend.
Muahhs.Take care.

Me in BlogsWorld

Readers



Credits

Powered by Blogger
Header is original work of the blog author
All rights reserved
© Copyright 2005-2009