Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Every Other Day of My Life


7am. I wake up, take a shower, have my breakfast, leave for the office. It is 7:50 am. I know I will be stuck in traffic and late for work again. Some 4-5 km far my office building my patience comes to a limit and I leave the bus and continue my way walking. it is 9 am. And i am already late but who cares. Well, my boss does. But I guess I will be forgiven again.

I am in the office, 9.20, mails, calls, annoyance, angry people, happy people, upset people, people that fight, people that cry, people that have no understanding. Gtalk says DND, as if anyone bothers. I change it to "Please only when really necessary. I am VERY BUSY". Seems people do not read status messages. Nevermind.

Lunch break, 1pm. Not hungry yet but making myself eat something just to survive through the day.

Working again. Reading something. Other mails, Other calls. Tired, sleepy, angry. Do not notice how it is already 6pm and office is over for today.

6.30pm. Tutoring. English grammar. Gerund. Participles, Tenses. Translations. Tired again. Looking at the clock. 10 more minutes till the end of the lesson. Talking about life, correcting mistakes, having fun.

7.30 pm. Leaving for home finally. Just popping into a supermarket to buy some fruits.

8.00 pm. Bus station, lots of busses come by, but not mine. Waiting for another 20 mins, then decide to walk. So what if it is some 15 km to my house? I can do it. At that moment the bus comes. Another 20 mins (no traffic jams) and i am almost home. Feeling tired but good.

9.00 pm. Home sweet home. Alex is asking if i got something for her. Fruits do not go, so I have to promise to buy a toy for her some other day. She feels happy. It is time for her to sleep. I kiss her good night and go to have my dinner. Trying to talk to mom meanwhile but too tired to bring out any sensible thoughts, she does not mind. She is tired, too.

9.20 pm. I get online. Start writing. Gtalk is clear. It says "DND>>WRITING". People do not care, I do not mind. These are people I love. No matter how tough the day has been, talking to them makes my day. Tired, sleepy, stressed but still staying on to write mails, to read blogs, to write my stories, to chat with people who care about me.

Midnight. Going to sleep. Fall asleep right after my head touches a pillow. You can call it baby sleep. Next time i open my eyes it is 7 am and I think "God, why are you doing this to me? I so do not want to start it over again." But I do. And the day starts new.

Every other day of my life.

29 added colors:

black coffee Tuesday, May 06, 2008  

cute post! simple life? simple post?
its not as simple as it seems is it? :D

tutoring? you do that too? i never knew that!

Ankur Tuesday, May 06, 2008  

oh mine mine... this girl has got a busy schedule :D :D

hehe... but this is with all of us... life has become busy in general i guess :)

Cheers!!!

Meghna Tuesday, May 06, 2008  

Oh Lena,
Wow! That must have been real tiring! Warm regards :)
BTW, you do tutoring too?? I think I could learn loads from u! :P

--xh-- Tuesday, May 06, 2008  

thatz a busy schedule... :-) and yeah, ppl usually dont read status messages... walking 15 km... thzt something i dont want to do aft a busy day...

Noushy Syah Tuesday, May 06, 2008  

Ohhhh NOOOO..you mean you are out EOD from 7am till 9pm with only 3 hours left to relax or do others stuff including blogging, and yet you produce gr8 postings most of the time.

...your time is pretty tight!!

Farah Deen Tuesday, May 06, 2008  

Lena, that's really a nice entry. now we know what you typically do on a working day.

simple yet busy life right? and do you go to the supermarket to buy fruits everyday? :) i guess when you are really tired, the moment you put your head on the pillow, you will fall asleep immediately.

Unknown Tuesday, May 06, 2008  

I feel exhausted just reading that!

But don't friends just make all the difference in the world! :-)

Sameera Ansari Tuesday, May 06, 2008  

That's exactly what I feel each day!Grrr why can't we go back to college days? :P

Great post sweetu!Love ya.Hugsss

maverick Wednesday, May 07, 2008  

the post should be titled "Everyday of ur life"... :D

i get up at 6.30am...get ready n head off to office at 8.30..reach office at arnd 9am...spend the entire day there...come back at 7.30 to the hotel...go for a walk..ve diner..n its already 10..watch some tv...get online if im in a generous mood to buy the internet connection that costs 100 bucks an hr...n then finaly doze off at 1.30am after watching friends...n damn im sleepy

Pavi!!!! Wednesday, May 07, 2008  

Awwwww..ur not too happy that ur day is the same every day..Are you?

You know , i used to crib abt the same to my momma everyday..n she wld xplain to me that thats how life is...a Routine!
n to my Routine u can add cooking n actually the bigger task of Thinking wat to cook! Oh how much i miss my childhood which was a routine of school, play, homeowrk n sleep!

Jaishree Iyer Thursday, May 08, 2008  

Lena, that's really a nice entry.
That's exactly every mumbai peoples feel each day! simple yet busy life we are living...

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

Akki, dear, there can be other things we dont know about each other, but we have all the time of the world to get to know them, right? :)

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

ya ya, Ankur :P
Everyone is busy these days **sigh**

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

It is tiring, Meghna, but then i am fine with it :)

And well i have been doing tutoring since my seconde semester in university, now less frequently though :)

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

Ummm... Anoop... i didnt say i was walking... in the end i always take the bus :D

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

Yes, Noushy, it is, but not every day is like that, only those with tutoring and i reduced my tutoring hours, planning to cancel them at all next year

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

no, farah... sometimes i buy chocolates, too :P
But well days are always so tiring that i fall asleep instantly

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

Nicky, i didnt mean to make anyone feel exhausted :D
Right you are, friends make a lot of difference :)

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

My college days were not less hectic, Sami, maybe even moree.... so i guess these days i am less busy :D

Love you too, dear :)

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

Indeed, Sourish :(

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

you at least get to watch Friends, Maverick :D
I dont remember when i last watched anything :P :P

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

No, Pavi, dear, me is happy with my life :) Days are still different and I enjoy each and every one of them :)

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

thank you, kaylee, dear.. how have you been, sweets?

Lena Thursday, May 08, 2008  

@ myviews:
I guess people live like that around the world, professional life is indeed a busy thing **sigh**

Amit Saturday, May 10, 2008  

Hi Lena, after a long time..!
wow...wow....wow...
great post..!
Infact,thats how we learned the importance of sundays..!

btw..u do tutoring? hey...wish i cud learn from u..;) can u teach me simple Russian..(is there any language called Russian?!!)

Well nice post..!

alok Saturday, May 17, 2008  

Wow ! that is so beautifully written. I say, life gives more meaning to it when it is busy ... and we appreciating it because, we have whole lot of stuffs to deal with; and than we try making it more beautiful, otherwise I guess it will be so dull.

IncorrigibleV Monday, May 19, 2008  

common hectic life but its very simply written and that made me smile

Me in BlogsWorld

Readers



Credits

Powered by Blogger
Header is original work of the blog author
All rights reserved
© Copyright 2005-2009