Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blog issues

I am rewriting this post for n-th time now. I thought i would open my story blog for people to read @ http://iloveyounot-story.blogspot.com/. And i actually did but then i was forced to close it again by circumstances about which you can read below. I hope you will understand.

*********************

I have never considered myself a great, gifted or talented writer. I know people who write much more better than i do. I write because i like it and because i enjoy it. Yes, few friends told me i write well and they like it, and yes, i have won all-russia contest for young writers when i was 17, but it was ages ago, and considering that i write in english which is even not my native language and even not the first and main foreign language i know. My specialization always has been german and it is just happened that english got more priority these days. So considering all the facts and estimating my own stuff i will say i am quite an average person who has writing as her hobby. But even then the acts of plagiarism really annoy and nerve me a lot.

Two of my blogs are licensed under cc lisense and protected by copyscape. It means nobody should dare to steal anything from here because that is the stuff I have written. There are things even in this blog that are not mine - like quotes, lyrics of songs, some articles or stories from forward mails (and the source is usually mentioned in there or at least i said they are not mine) but when someone publishes your stories on the other blog or net-resource it is inappropriate. it is plagiarism and it really can be sued.

I have found my stuff on 3 different websites/blogs without paying any credits or even mentioning in there thats not the work of the blogs' authors. And i dont know if it made me angry or if i should laugh because my work was considered as worth of stealing. But in both cases I dont like it and i dont want it.

Originally i put the links to these sites in here but i was advised to remove them because it is more like promoting these people. So if one of them reads it i again kindly ask you to remove my stuff from your blogs.

I dont mind my stuff being re-published, but please lets respect each other's work and pay credits to the author...

18 added colors:

Sameera Ansari Thursday, April 17, 2008  

Sweetu let's wage war on the evil forces who dared to plagiarize you.We are all right behind you.It's high time people learn basic courtesy!

TC Darling.Love you loads.Hugsssss

Arti Honrao Thursday, April 17, 2008  

Hi Lena!

I understand exactly what you are feeling. Plagiarism is definitely bad but it hurts more when someone you know does this to you!
Ask me, I have been there...
Just see sidebar "About Plagiarism" and you will know the entire story. Do make sure to read the comments too because one of the comments is from a guy who fights against plagiarism.
The guy mentioned in my post, he removed all the plagiarized posts after reading the comments. He got scared...


Sometimes, people do not understand!
I know this is not going to help much but here ... this would make you feel warm *hugs*


Take care,
GBU
Arti

Noushy Syah Friday, April 18, 2008  

Gosh!! That is really gross! That shows your writing is gr8 BTW..hehhehe, but regardless, plagiarism is stealing others creation which is wrong and unethical!

Perhaps he is not aware that he can be sued by doing this!

TC my dear.

Anonymous,  Friday, April 18, 2008  

I am very sorry to hear that this has happened to you and I can definitely understand the emotions that you are going through.

However, I want to make it clear that there are ways you can get these works removed, looking at the links and knowing where they are hosted, it should be very easy.

If you want any help with that, please let me know and I will gladly do what I can. Both of the cases listed above should be pretty easy.

However, one thing to consider is removing the links to the plagiarists, the latter especially is likely a spammer. In either case, promoting the plagiarist is not a good idea, even if it is to shame them.

Search engines don't know if you hate or love someone, nor do they care...

Please let me know if I can help.l

Ankur Friday, April 18, 2008  

hey Lena...

i m sorry that i coudlnt comment on ur stories, have commented on 2 i guess... but from now on i will be regular there... just give me 1 more day... :)

Cheers!!!

Meghna Friday, April 18, 2008  

Hi Lena,
That's sad....It happened to one of my poems once but some of my ehlpful elder blogger friends helped me out through it....I'll be reading ur other blogs soon :p

black coffee Friday, April 18, 2008  

hmmm. after having that conversation with you and reading this post i have realised the extent of this problem!
i know it must hurt and i agree with arti.

It makes me feel a really horrible kinda pity for such people who have to resort to such a practise!

love,
akki

Cinderella Friday, April 18, 2008  

I just know how it feels girl.

Just a few days back a blogmate (we're regulars on each others pages), posted a poem of mine on his blog, while talking about some similar stuff.

I was taken aback. I read the whole post and my poem like 5-6 times to actually confirm myself that indeed its mine. I was Shocked-furios-and a loud thudding of the heart, which I guess was its way of telling "I dont believe this is happening to you" !!!

I told the blogger about it. he gave me his reasons. But I wanted it removed, coz there was nowhere any mention about me, neither was I asked, when my work was being out there. He complied. And we stll visit each others pages.

I understand you full well. Do what you feel is right. YOu have every right to.

pandian chelliah Friday, April 18, 2008  

hey i agree it is really sad....but i think we should fight it out......probably u can post the links of the people who have copied in a new post, so that all ur readers can also go and make a strong statement in his/her blog......and make sure he/she does not repeat it...ever

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ Saturday, April 19, 2008  

I wud love to get an invi..if u wanna give me one..

and best way is flag the blogs..google take care of it..very well..
or otherwise..write in in note pad..take the snap by prt scrn paste it in paint..write ur name wid it..and paste the pics in the blog..i don think any blogger will have time to copy the text manually from a bmp or jpeg...and if they do..i m sure they will give u credits...

Pri Saturday, April 19, 2008  

ohh i hate to hear this...
such losers who stole ur posts!!
anyways dont worry...what is not theirs can never be!

neways cheer up!!u have been tagged on my blog...
waiting to read you :)

Sweetstickychewy Saturday, April 19, 2008  

I can understand how it feels to see others using your work without your permission or at least your acknowlegement. A terrible thing to do to someone who is talented like you. May this people learn to respect other people's birth of things and try to get inspired in producing new things instead of stealing & gaining glory from others. Terrible.

Lets hope they come to their senses.

Cheers Lena.:)

Vasanthan Saturday, April 19, 2008  

i understand how you feel. u can steal a person's possessions but to steal their ideas and hard work is unforgivable. it is a shameless act.

about your language, just don care about negative comments. just do your thing and don let critics bother you.

Lena Monday, April 21, 2008  

@ all: thanks for your support and helpful comments, by now these issues are almost cleared out :)

@ ankur: its okay, take your time, for now i am more concentrated on getting it done than on getting feedback :)

@ pri: you took risks in tagging me, i am bad with tags :P

@ vasanthan: thanks, but lucky me has not got any negative comments ;) Only positive feedback till now :)

Nature Nut /JJ Loch Monday, April 21, 2008  

Lena, I have found my posts on the internet too and have found a free copyright place that looks like it has slowed that down. It's on my blog if you want to click through and sign up for it too.

The internet is hard to control. I love your postings and hope you continue.

Hugs, JJ

Lena Monday, April 21, 2008  

thank you, JJ, will check it out shortly :)
For now these issues are almost cleared, lets see what future brings to me :)

Pavi!!!! Tuesday, April 22, 2008  

So weird! Why do ppl create other's work! Wats the point if u receive praises for stuff that is not even urs. There can be no joy!Why maintain a blog,if its not gonna be ur words...i find it stoopid n weird!

IncorrigibleV Sunday, April 27, 2008  

totally agree...plagiarism is definitely not cool!!
hey btw how does the cc license thing work?
i wanna protect my blog too...just in case

Me in BlogsWorld

Readers



Credits

Powered by Blogger
Header is original work of the blog author
All rights reserved
© Copyright 2005-2009