Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Totally Pissed Off

Disclaimer: Might be long, don't know yet, will try to reduce while writing :D

I never write personal stuff here, so whatever you have read before on this blog is all fiction. But today just felt like writing it down because thats something that totally pissed me off yesterday.

Office. 9.30 am.

I am trying hard to work, fighting my sleep which is trying to overcome me. Successful till now. Working on exhibitions catalogue. Most of russian exhibition companies are the members of our Union and they have to submit information about their exhibitions to our website. Then the info is published. Well.. not exactly then, there are various stages before that, but the end result is that the book is published.

Till some years ago they submitted the info, it was published, after couple of months they started arguing why we had published it this way or the other. All the explanations that it was submitted by them this way just didnt work. Then my smart boss suggested the idea - they should take print outs from the web site, sign them, stamp them and fax to us. In this case if they ever get any problems with us we have a proof they agreed to it. Smart, huh?

But before we work on making up the catalogue, we have to compare what they faxed to us to what they submitted to the site, because some of them tend to change info after they already signed the papers. **They are smart too**

So yesterday at 9.30 am I was doing exactly this, comparing the data submitted and the data faxed. In the middle of the process I see that one company has some big differences there. Here i must add that when they submit data to the site they dont update automatically, only I can do it manually after logging in with my password. And those who have read the instruction i had mailed them would know this. But unfortunately the guy from the company in question seemed to have some reluctance regarding all types of instruction. So he changed the info on the site, got it signed up by his boss and faxed to us. Unfortunately he didnt see that what he sent and what he submitted is different. **I remind you - the guy has problems with instructions**

10.00 am. i am calling the guy (he is in Moscow)

Call #1

Me: Hello, Mr.X. You know you seem to have sent us wrong papers.
He: I dont think so.
Me: I am sorry but i am sure you sent us the wrong papers, there are exhibitions there in the list which are deleted from the site. i cant publish it this way.
He: Ok, whats the solution?
Me: You take new print outs and fax them to us (of course signed)
He: Out of question.
Me: **HUH??** And why is that? **understanding that he is scared to go to the boss again and admit his mistake**
He: I am busy now.
Me: Dont tell me you are busy. You dont have to handle 1500 exhibitions like i do. I believe you can find few mins to take printouts and get them signed.
He: Can i only send the sheets where you have wrong info from us.
Me: **if i cant have anything better... grrrrrrrrrrrrr** Sure, but i need them by the end of the day.
He: can you mail me the numbers of sheets?
Me: **HUH?? I can tell you them right now** OK, i will.

Call ended.

I am mailing him the numbers, explaining exactly what i need from him. He calls right back.

11.30 am

Call #2.

He: You know i found some mistakes in the info i submitted to the web site, can i change them.
Me: I am sorry, sir, but you dont have the access to the editing anymore **Thanks God!**
He: What should i do then? I need to change the name of the manager in few events.
Me: No problem, you just write them down on that printout and i will edit myself **Grrrrrrrrr, how dumb you are, couldnt do it right from the first time**
He: Ok, thanks, i will.

Call ended.

12.30 pm

I am getting the fax. On the events where the name should have been changed instead of giving me new name and new contacts he writes "ANOTHER MANAGER"
Me: **DFGRGJEPJGADFIGP!!!**
Mailing him, asking to give the NAME, PHONE NUMBER and E-MAIL.

14.00pm
He calls back.

Call#3 (My favourite)

He: Hello again.
Me: Hi.
He: I did write ANOTHER MANAGER there.
Me: I know.
He: I will tell you the name now and you will put it there.
Me: Oh.. really? I cant do it.
He: Why?
Me: I need the signed papers.
He: But i am telling you the name.
Me: I cant take it, i need sighed papers.
He: And why is that.
Me: Because in 2 months you will call and ask why i put this name and i wont be able to give any proof you gave it to me on phone.
He: But you do understand i am giving you the correct name.
Me: If the papers are not signed I am not supposed to understand anything.
He: I will not send you anything. Thats crap.
Me: Thats agreement between my boss and your boss, not up to you to decide.
He: Can i talk with Mrs. S.? (my boss)
Me: **HUH?? What else you want?** Sorry it is not possible, please write the name down on the print outs, sign them up and fax to me.
He: You understand we are wasting time now.
Me: I understand you are wasting my time.
He: Can I talk to Mrs. S?
Me:**So that you will waste her time too??** No, I am sorry, she doesnt keep herself busy with such small issues.
He: So you do agree it is a small issue.
Me: I only agree it is an issue that should be solved, can you please send me the signed copy?
He: Can i talk with Mrs. S?
Me: **not again!!** Sorry, you cant. But you can talk with Mr. L. (his boss), after Mrs. S talks to Mr. L.
He: I dont think it is necessary.
Me: Then send me the fax.
He: I want to talk with Mrs. S.? **Grrrrrrrrr** I can convince her you are telling crap?
Me: **still very polite** Sorry Mr. X., but you cant talk with her because it wont change anything.
He: You should understand i have a very big event now to handle and will be busy for another 4 days.
Me: Ok, not a problem, send it to me after 4 days, i am patient enough.
He: You dont understand i will not send you anything.
Me:**is he dumb or just pretending to be?** You will else your boss will be informed about you having submitted incorrect info...

**********
here a small Russian lesson: like in english negative form is formed by adding prefix un- (noticed - unnoticed), in russian is used prefix ne-. Thing is that some words have these pairs like pravilno - nepravilno **right-wrong**) and some dont. For example there is a word nebrezhno which means incorrect, unaccurate, but the word brezhno does not exist, so as antonym to the first word the other means are being used
*********
here we go again

Me: Mr. L. will be informed that you made your work very nebrezhno.
He: I did it very much brezhno.
Me:**HUH?** Once you will learn some common rules of russian grammar and vocabulary, we will talk about the way you did your work, for now i need the signed copy of the print outs.
He: Can i talk to Mrs. S.??
Me:**Helpless, tired, annoyed** Sorry, you cannot but Mrs. S. sure can talk with Mr. L.
He: I will do everything possible not to send you these info.
Me: Give it a try.

He hung up. Hence call ended.
14.40 pm.
My office colleagues asking me who was the "lucky" guy i was talking to.
After hearing the name everyone sighed understandingly.. everyone had to deal with him in the past already.

PS: Mrs. S. called Mr. L., after that another guy called back, and asked very politely what he should do and promised to send the fax by today... Waiting...

60 added colors:

Cinderella Wednesday, October 22, 2008  

Lmao !

I'm sorry but not finding this hillarious was getting damn hard !!

I tried , really, promise !!


LOL ! LOL ! LOL !

--xh-- Wednesday, October 22, 2008  

wow, he is some dumb head..
and he sure made ur day more entertaining...
some time, we have to deal with dumb heads like this.. and it invariably makes us go Argh...

hope you are feeling better now.. and hope the new guy will send the necessary documents... :)

Unknown Wednesday, October 22, 2008  

he is a big dumbo man..

so did he finally send it across???

Trinaa Wednesday, October 22, 2008  

LMAO N THEN ROFL !!!!!

lukkydivz Wednesday, October 22, 2008  

hehe, thoughts about him kept u awake last night? ;)

so what if u are pissed :P i hope u talk more to such madcaps and make me laugh :P

♪♪Happy Go Lucky♪♪ Wednesday, October 22, 2008  

omg! poor you! but at least it kind of paid off in the end.. :)
and im big time pissed too so i understand..

Aneesh Wednesday, October 22, 2008  

Guess, it was an interesting day :)
Nice caller..
:)

Lucifer Wednesday, October 22, 2008  

oh i can imagine how frustrating it wud have been for u...man!!!
i have faced these issues sometimes wid my vendors...oh n it becomes so frustrating...
but well handled i must say *clap clap*

rainboy Wednesday, October 22, 2008  

u are one patient women..

i would have headaches if i had a talk like that...

Sach1 Wednesday, October 22, 2008  

:) I understand it has annoyed you to hell but it's seriously dumb of some people! And must say, you've got patience...

Shravan Vijayaprasad Wednesday, October 22, 2008  

He sure is a dumb fellow! Atleast you got something to write abt! lolz!

Anonymous,  Thursday, October 23, 2008  

first time here lena..
i came here from divya's blog.. i so much enjoyed here.. this post was different from your writing style?
ill check the other posts too
this

what did he do finally?

and a Three column blog? this one has a great layout..

Arv Thursday, October 23, 2008  

I feel ya there Lena... As cindy says, I try not to laugh at this but then, I have to giggle thinking about that dumbo.

Its much worse when you have a person like that face to face in a meeting room and when you have to get through the galaxy to get into his/her head to make a point.

I try to laugh it out as much as I can cos at work you cant really give that person a whack on the head :)

have a nice evening mate... sleep well and take care...

Spokoinoi nochi...

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ Thursday, October 23, 2008  

heheheheheh

that was an aweful experience...but in this business I m sure u will have loads of these..now I think even i m a pain in the ass wen i talk official :P at least i felt so reading the post.


calm down girl... :P

rantravereflect/ jane Thursday, October 23, 2008  

SOME PEOPEL CAN GET SOOOO IRRITATING YA JUST WANA TEAR THEIR HAIR APART!

i can see how much this guy has gotten ya hair n brain messed up..

Jeez!
I hope ya get the sighned paperz soon :)

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ Cindy:

lol after i reread it it really sounded funny :D

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ Anoop:
thats for sure, had some fun with colleagues after that. But still waiting for the documents :D

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ trinaa:

glad you had that much fun :D

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ divvi:
someone wants to have fun at my cost? :x :x

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ harini:
yup, girl, the good thing is that i wont ever get to deal with that guy again :)

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ aneesh:
Interesting? Maybe in a way only..

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ mayz:
i was rather angry at the stupidity of this guy. And he was quite rude too... so made me really angry though i usually dont talk this way, tried to be polite :)

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ V:

well i did have headache after that

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ Sachi:

lol girl, me is not that patient usually but tried my best this time not to get it to me :)

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ shrav:
you bet he is! but i guess i would have found what to write about even without this incident :D

PS: welcome here!

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ Arti:

yaa better than any fiction :D

take care, dear, good to see you here :)

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ Chriz:

first, welcome here :)
second, would surely love if you read the previous posts, the only difference from this one is that they are more literary, and are all fiction.
third, i love my template too :D but thinking about making a new one :)

Thanks!!

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ Arv:

i am glad i dont have to face that dumb one face to face, else i wouldnt be able to be nice :P

and you sound cute when you talk russian :P

PS: Me woke up
PPS: why you always want me and div to sleep :P

Cinderella Thursday, October 23, 2008  

Wow ! My comment was the first one ?!!

YIppeee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ Sourish:

yaa i get a lot phone calls like this, but that guy was extraordinary.

and huh?? did i sound like pain in the ass?? :O :x

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

@ Jane:
you exactly described my state of mind there :D

still waiting for the papers :(

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

lolz Cindy :D
now what you want as the prize for being first? ;)

Mel Avila Alarilla Thursday, October 23, 2008  

There is an unwritten code in marketing that says the customer is always right. Sure the guy was uncooperative and was not following the guidelines but things could have been worked out to the satisfaction of everybody. It's not always a case of who's right and who's wrong but a case of can you handle your client? There will always be cranky clients and it is for us to work out a win-win situation in all cases where the client get what he wants. It's a part of the so called total customer satisfaction service. Learn to be more patient and understanding. Try to control your emotion or you might get unnecessary illnesses like ulcer or hypertension . Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Lena Thursday, October 23, 2008  

Well Mel, I guess you either havent read attentively enough or didnt get the whole picture. I never mentioned the guy is the customer here.
And if in marketing it is ok to tolerate rudeness then there is something wrong with such marketing :)

PS: we promote his company free of charge, he is more interested in giving us this info rather than me having it :)

Entertainer Thursday, October 23, 2008  

wow..couple of calls..n that changed a day :-)

rayshma Thursday, October 23, 2008  

SIGH!
i SO empathize. all the best, gurl. it takes every ounce of your patience to deal with such ppl...!

Preetilata【ツ】 Thursday, October 23, 2008  

hey! i loved this such a longggggggggggggggg post :P

n i find that guy to be such a cutie :P ... LOL he is sooooo dumb evn dumber than u :D ;)

N thnks 4 d russian tutorial. very effctive. it helped us to understnd d post much bettr.
it is a very brezhno post :D

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ;)

muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
take care :)

Preetilata【ツ】 Thursday, October 23, 2008  

i guess d guy ws no dumb. he was actually fallen in love with ur voice. he was smart enough :D ;) :P

Hemanth Potluri Friday, October 24, 2008  

:P...he ust be loving ur voice lena :P..lol.


urs..hemu..

Jeeves Friday, October 24, 2008  

Mountain out of molehill. Guys!!!!He must have been really dumb...

? Saturday, October 25, 2008  

hello again, wanted you to know my new blog is now on and I would like to feature you on...what do you think?

Vasanthan Saturday, October 25, 2008  

What you did was very professional. if u had fallen into his trap with verbal corrections, 2 months later you are sure to get into trouble.

just forget it. these things happen.

Meghna Sunday, October 26, 2008  

I agree with Cindy di...it had a tint of humor- thgh I didn't think so by the heading! It makes u smile atleast

Get bck to normal...keep smiling...that's what u tell me :)

Keep inspiring (tats wat I tell ya :P_)

Lena Sunday, October 26, 2008  

@ entertainer:
i bet it did!! welcome here :)

Lena Sunday, October 26, 2008  

@ rayshma:
thanks a lot!!
yeahh such people really need a lot of patience and i tried my best, though am not patient at all...

Lena Sunday, October 26, 2008  

@ preetu:
can i give your phone number to the guy? :x

dumbi!

Lena Sunday, October 26, 2008  

@ Hemanth and Preeti:

i hope you are not right!! :x

Lena Sunday, October 26, 2008  

@ Jeeves:
or just too stubborn...

Lena Sunday, October 26, 2008  

@ vishesh:
lolz can give him your number too :P

Lena Sunday, October 26, 2008  

@ red eyes:

wow! a new blog!! will check it asap, as for featuring me... what exactly do you havein mind? :)

Lena Sunday, October 26, 2008  

@ Vasanthan:
thank you :)
such appreciation really means a lot!

Lena Sunday, October 26, 2008  

@ Meghna:
thank you, sweets!!

i'll do both - smiling and inspiring, just like you do :)

myonlyphoto Friday, October 31, 2008  

Even totally pissed off Lena lol you are such a charm, I could not stop reading lol, a good laugh before bed time, lol. Anna :) PS I am sorry I usually don't call anybody stupid, but the guy was stupid...

Sameera Ansari Saturday, November 22, 2008  

And just when I thought that you are a big dumbi,he takes the cake :P

Guess every year there has to be some glitch in the catalogue,lol!

I can imagine how irritated someone would have been,luckily that guy was only on the phone :D

Lena Saturday, November 22, 2008  

@ Anna: i bet he was!!

Lena Saturday, November 22, 2008  

@ sami:
huh? you cant seriously compare him and me :P

IncorrigibleV Saturday, January 31, 2009  

LOL i didnt know u had to deal with such airheads :P

Me in BlogsWorld

Readers



Credits

Powered by Blogger
Header is original work of the blog author
All rights reserved
© Copyright 2005-2009